SRI LANKA FACT FILE
- Official Languages: Sinhala
- Population: 22 Million
- Capital: Sri Jayawardanapura Kotte
- Government: Democratic Socialist Republic
- Literacy: Total Population: 95.6%
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupees LKR
- Calling Code: +94
- Time Zone: +5.30 Hrs to GMT
- National Colors: yellow/gold, maroon, orange and green.
Sinhala commonly known as Sinhalese is an Indo-Aryan language primarily spoken in Sri Lanka, by Sinhalese people, who make up the largest ethnic group on the island. The language is written in Sinhala Script, which is one of the Brahmic scripts, a descendents of the ancient Brahmic script closely related to the Kadamba Script.
Some Fascinating Sinhala Language Facts
- Sinhala which was referred as Singhalese, is the language spoken by the largest ethnic group of Sri Lanka Sinhalese. The language belongs to the Indo-Aryan language family.
- The language Sinhala has two forms: Spoken and Written. Spoken Sinhala is comparatively easier to learn and speak because of its so much relaxed grammatical formality and rigidity.
- Sinhala is spoken by 19 million people in Sri Lanka and 16 million are the native speakers of the language. It is the official language of the country.
- The oldest Sinhala inscriptions were written in the 3rd and 2nd centuries BC, the oldest existing literary works date from the 9th century AD.
- The closest relative of Sinhala is Dhivehi, the language of the Maldives.
- The word order of Sinhala language is SOV (Subject-Object-Verb) similar to Japanese, Korean, and many other languages in Asia.
Some Interesting Facts About Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka is the 4th largest exporter of tea in the world and it accounts for 12% of total export of the country. Ceylon Tea is considered the most pure and cleanest tea in the world by the ISO.
- Over 92% of total population of the country is literate which means that they boast the highest literacy rate in whole of South Asia.
- Sri Lanka is a rich and fascinating country that seems to have everything a traveler could want. It is one of the best safari destinations outside of Africa with an abundance of wildlife squeezed into its 26 national parks.
- Sapphire, Ruby, Alexandrite, Zircon, Amethyst, Topaz, and Moonstone are some of the gemstones that can be found in Sri Lanka. In total, there are over 75 varieties of precious and semi-precious gemstones, and it’s one of the countries that has the highest density of gems.
- Aryurveda treatments are very popular in Sri Lanka. Ayurveda is the holistic treatment of ailments with oils and plants instead of pharmaceutical drugs. They also use massage to improve ailments and you can find resorts and clinics around the country that specialise in Ayurveda. Aryurveda treatments are very popular in Sri Lanka. Ayurveda is the holistic treatment of ailments with oils and plants instead of pharmaceutical drugs. They also use massage to improve ailments and you can find resorts and clinics around the country that specialise in Ayurveda.
- The economy of Sri Lanka worth $92.111 billion by nominal GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and $321.856 billion by PPP (Purchasing Power Parity).
Sri Lankan Culture: Customs & Traditions
Sri Lanka has had a continuous record of human settlement for more than 2 millennia, and its civilisation has been shaped largely by that of the Indian Subcontinent. The island’s two major ethnic groups, the Sinhalese and the Tamils, and its two dominant religions, Buddhism and Hinduism, made their way to the island form India, and Indian influence pervaded such diverse fields as art, architecture, literature, music, medicine, and astronomy.
Why choose Langma School of Languages for learning Sinhala Language
- Langma School of Languages has made the transition to a centre of excellence in Sinhala language.
- Our international team provide exceptional training in Sinhala language; the wide range of programme is provided by both native speakers and experts of different origin, all our faculty are extremely proficient and experienced, thereby offering the highest standard of training.
- Langma School of Languages’ objective is to provide exceptional teaching to students of all ages and levels, from school standard to professional, academics no matter what background or discipline they are engaged in, and we aim to exceed the expectations of our students by providing outcomes derived from the excellence of our training.
- Langma’s programme would provide the highest standard of foreign language training and encourage sustainable development with innovation in an environment of creative language acquisition.
- If you are looking for knowledge based interactive programmes leading to success in the field of Sinhala language, Langma School of Languages has everything you need all under one roof.
- Langma School of Languages is committed to providing the best standards of teaching and corporate training and enabling you to reach the peak in your domain.
- The main aims and objectives of Langma School of Languages, to provide unfettered access to the study of Sinhala language for all sections of society.
- We at Langma School of Languages firmly believe in the concept of the global village. With the advent of a multi-faceted digital world, this concept is more significant now than ever before and foreign language has become the link language.
- Our teaching methodology lays emphasis on Speaking, Writing, Listening, and Reading skills. We have evolved an interactive method that focuses on effective communication skills. Through our method we enable learners to have quick grasp of the Sinhala language. They are able to frame sentences quickly, thereby facilitating communication. Our interactive approach kindles an interest in verbal and social contact with others. The module relies heavily on audio-visual tools. This makes for easier learning and greater facility in Sinhala Language. A vast collection of Audio and Video CDs give the students a chance to see how the language is spoken by native speakers.
BECOME A MASTER IN SINHALA LANGUAGE WITHOUT LEAVING HOME.
Langma School of languages offers classroom and online Sinhala language training to students according to their availability and we are the only language centre which offers classes round the clock. Our programmes are designed to suit the need of individuals. Now our classes are offered round the clock and one can avail these classes just after submitting their application and course fee. One can learn as per their convenience. Our classes have proven to be beneficial for those who are excessively occupied in their work during working hours.
LANGMA FACULTIES FOR THE SINHALA LANGUAGE
Leads and guides others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work. Design, develop, and delivers training programmes which cater the need of our students. Our teachers would help students to understand how to communicate information to individuals or groups, how to deliver presentation suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Students are taught the importance of clear and concise written information or writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and message. Our teachers are highly qualified and possess years of expertise in the field of teaching, listen carefully to students and address the problem appropriately. Our teachers possess a designated level of professional skills and knowledge in specific area and keep the current with developments and trends in the area of expertise.
Experience Professional and authentic Sinhala Language classes with our Qualified Native-Speakers
Beginning with a very small setup, Langma School of Languages has grown by leaps and bounds. It has been instrumental in providing Sinhala Language instruction to millions. It has successfully conducted seminars and placed its students in the field of BPO, Event Management, FMCG, Aviation, and PR. Our team focus on customised training. The organisation is well-equipped with classrooms, auditorium, and an elaborate computer networking. Teachers are well qualified, experienced in the field of language training, experts in areas like grammar, accent, group discussion, and etc. Langma School of Languages is competent enough to take up any assignments from the target groups.