SAUDI ARABIA FACT FILE
- Official Languages: Arabic
- Population: 32 million
- Capital: Riyadh
- Government: Monarchy
- Literacy: 95.33%
- Currency: Saudi Riyal
- Calling Code: +966
- Time Zone: GMT+3
Arabic is a Semitic language which has emerged in the 1st to 4th centuries CE. It is official language in the Arab world and members of OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation). The language is named after the Arabs, a term which describe the people living in the area bounded by Mesopotamia in the eats and the Anti-Lebanon Mountains in the west, in North-western Arabia and in the Sinai Peninsula. Arabic speakers are unable to distinguish between Modern Standard Arabic and Classical Arabic but refer the language “al-ʿarabiyyatu l-fuṣḥā” or simply “al-fuṣḥā”.
Arabic has influenced many other languages around the globe throughout its history and some of the influenced languages are Persian, Turkish, Hindi, Urdu, Kashmiri, Kurdish, Kazakh, Bengali, Malay, Indonesian, Malaysian, Maldivian, Pashto, Punjabi, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Sicilian, Spanish, Greek, Bulgarian, Tagalog, Sindhi, Odia, Hausa, and some languages in parts of Africa. Conversely, Arabic has borrowed words from other languages, including Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, and Persian in medieval times and languages such as English and French in modern times. Arabic is a language of 1.8 billion Muslims, and Arabic is one of the 6th official languages of United Nations. There are more than 422 million of Arabic speakers throughout the world, making it the 5th most spoken language in the world.
There are around 25 Arab speaking countries that claim Arabic as an official or co-official language including Saudi Arabia, Chad, Algeria, Comoros, Eritrea, Djibouti, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Kuwait, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Bahrain, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. Meanwhile, there are six sovereign states where Arabic is a national language or “recognised minority language” such as Turkey, Niger, Iran, Senegal, and Mali.
Some Fascinating Arabic Language Facts
- The Arabic language originates from the Arabian Peninsula. As the Muslim World expanded, Arabic spread into North Africa and Western Asia.
- Arabic is an official language in 26 countries, including Algeria, Egypt, Israel (along with Hebrew), Lebanon, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and the UAE, making it the 5th most spoken language in the world.
- Arabic has influenced a great number of languages, including most European languages as well as Asian and African languages. English has many Arabic loanwords such as alcohol, algebra, algorithm, average, candy, caravan, cotton, giraffe, guitar, jar, lemon, lilac, magazine, sugar, and talisman.
- Arabic and Hebrew are both Semitic languages. Their similarities make it easier for Arabic speakers to learn Hebrew, and vice versa.
- Unlike many other widely used languages, Arabic words are written from right to left, and Arabic numbers are written from left to right.
- One of the qualities that make Arabic a difficult language to learn is the fact that its writing system doesn’t follow an alphabet but an ajbad. An ajbad is a system where each letter stands for a consonant and not a vowel, which requires the user of the language to provide the vowels using vowel marks.
- Classic Arabic originated in the 6th century, but earlier versions of the language existed including the Safaitic dialect, an old Arabic dialect used by the pre Islamic nomadic inhabitants of the SyroArabian desert which dates back to the 1st century.
- Arabic is spoken in 25 countries but it is a language of regional dialects. Often these dialects are almost completely incomprehensible to each other, despite being the same language! Arabic is suspected of having lived as a spoken by unwritten language for centuries prior to the birth of Islam, which may explain some of this.
- A Semitic language is a name used to name a group of Asiatic and African languages like Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Ethiopic, and Assyrian. In regards to Arabic writing, many languages use the Arabic alphabet, like Persian/Farsi, Urdu, Pashto, and Kurdish. You will be able to read in any of these languages, even though you might not understand
Some Interesting Facts About Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia was rated as the best place for the entrepreneurs in the Middle East by the World Bank.
- They provide free public health care services
- They have one of the most advanced banking systems on the planet.
- Al Hamra open Air Museum is the largest open-air art gallery located in Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia’s stock market is the 11th largest.
- Saudi Arabia has more oil than any other country in the world.
- The economy of Saudi Arabia is one of the top twenty economies in the world, and the largest economy in the Arab world and the Middle East. Saudi
- Arabia is part of the G20 group of countries. With a total worth of $33.50 trillion, Saudi Arabia has the second most valuable natural resources in the world
Saudi Arabia Culture: Customs & Traditions
The culture of Saudi Arabia is defined by its Islamic heritage, its historical role as an ancient trade centre, and its Bedouin traditions. The Saudi society has evolved over the years, their values and traditions from customs, hospitality to their style of dressing, are adapting with modernisation.
Why choose Langma School of Languages for learning Arabic Language
- Langma School of Languages has made the transition to a centre of excellence in Arabic language.
- Our international team provide exceptional training in Arabic language; the wide range of programme is provided by both native speakers and experts of different origin, all our faculty are extremely proficient and experienced, thereby offering the highest standard of training.
- Langma School of Languages’ objective is to provide exceptional teaching to students of all ages and levels, from school standard to professional, academics no matter what background or discipline they are engaged in, and we aim to exceed the expectations of our students by providing outcomes derived from the excellence of our training.
- Langma’s programme would provide the highest standard of foreign language training and encourage sustainable development with innovation in an environment of creative language acquisition.
- If you are looking for knowledge based interactive programmes leading to success in the field of Arabic language, Langma School of Languages has everything you need all under one roof.
- Langma School of Languages is committed to providing the best standards of teaching and corporate training and enabling you to reach the peak in your domain.
- The main aims and objectives of Langma School of Languages, to provide unfettered access to the study of Arabic language for all sections of society.
- We at Langma School of Languages firmly believe in the concept of the global village. With the advent of a multi-faceted digital world, this concept is more significant now than ever before and foreign language has become the link language.
- Our teaching methodology lays emphasis on Speaking, Writing, Listening, and Reading skills. We have evolved an interactive method that focuses on effective communication skills. Through our method we enable learners to have quick grasp of the Arabic language. They are able to frame sentences quickly, thereby facilitating communication. Our interactive approach kindles an interest in verbal and social contact with others. The module relies heavily on audio-visual tools. This makes for easier learning and greater facility in Arabic Language. A vast collection of Audio and Video CDs give the students a chance to see how the language is spoken by native speakers.
BECOME A MASTER IN ARABIC LANGUAGE WITHOUT LEAVING HOME.
Langma School of languages offers classroom and online Arabic language training to students according to their availability and we are the only language centre which offers classes round the clock. Our programmes are designed to suit the need of individuals. Now our classes are offered round the clock and one can avail these classes just after submitting their application and course fee. One can learn as per their convenience. Our classes have proven to be beneficial for those who are excessively occupied in their work during working hours.
LANGMA FACULTIES FOR THE ARABIC LANGUAGE
Leads and guides others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work. Design, develop, and delivers training programmes which cater the need of our students. Our teachers would help students to understand how to communicate information to individuals or groups, how to deliver presentation suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Students are taught the importance of clear and concise written information or writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and message. Our teachers are highly qualified and possess years of expertise in the field of teaching, listen carefully to students and address the problem appropriately. Our teachers possess a designated level of professional skills and knowledge in specific area and keep the current with developments and trends in the area of expertise.
Experience Professional and authentic Arabic Language classes with our Qualified Native-Speakers
Beginning with a very small setup, Langma School of Languages has grown by leaps and bounds. It has been instrumental in providing Arabic Language instruction to millions. It has successfully conducted seminars and placed its students in the field of BPO, Event Management, FMCG, Aviation, and PR. Our team focus on customised training. The organisation is well-equipped with classrooms, auditorium, and an elaborate computer networking. Teachers are well qualified, experienced in the field of language training, experts in areas like grammar, accent, group discussion, and etc. Langma School of Languages is competent enough to take up any assignments from the target groups.