Learn vietnamese at Langma
Some Fascinating Vietnamese Language Facts
- Vietnam has 90 Million people (2013). Altogether, about 93 million people in the world speak Vietnamese. The majority of them, 90 million, live in Vietnam, while the other 3 million belong to Vietnamese Diaspora overseas such as Australia, America, Czech Republic, Cambodia, the UK.
- Vietnamese has been strongly influenced by Chinese languages. It has a shared history with other languages such as Khmer. It now uses a Latin alphabet that is based on the French alphabet but was written based on Chinese characters, called Chữ Nôm. Few people know Chữ Nôm today.
- The changing the tone can change the meaning of a word entirely. It is comparable to a change in pitch when asking a question. Different moods can be interpreted just from the tones and the inflections with which a person speaks: an interrogation, a sarcastic comment, a rhetorical question, etc. Everything is dependent on the tone or pitch.
- Although there are dialects everywhere throughout the country, Vietnam is generally considered to be split into three main regions (Northern, Central, and Southern), which each region contains its own dialects and accents. Residents of the North, particularly in the capital Hanoi, will say that their pronunciation is the universal and most standard one for which all Vietnamese people can understand
- 5-Characteristics of Vietnamese include the use of tones to distinguish words with identical consonant and vowel sequences, the use of word order to express the syntactic relations of words to each other, and the use of modifiers rather than affixes to express the tense and voice of verb forms.
Some Interesting Facts About Vietnam
- The name of this country favourite as two different words, Viet Nam. Old tales suggest that the land originated from the union between an immortal Chinese princess and “the Dragon Lord of the Seas”.
- The capital city is Hanoi, but interestingly it is not the largest city in the country (as is the case in a majority of the countries around the world).
- A grand celebration, the Hue festival is only celebrated in Hue City which is located in Central Vietnam. It is a celebration of the legacy of the Nguyen Dynasty and is filled with various traditions and rituals.
- Due to the influence of the French, silk painting became very popular in Vietnam. These paintings generally depict the daily life, landscapes or historical events.
- Vietnamese cuisine is generally known for its strict and often choosy vegetable choices. A chef preparing this cuisine in different countries prefers typically using ingredients from Vietnam itself.
- The economy of Vietnam is a socialist-oriented market economy, which is the 36th-largest in the world as measured by nominal gross domestic product (GDP) and 23rd-largest in the world as measured by purchasing power parity (PPP). Vietnam is a member of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, and the World Trade Organisation.
Vietnamese Culture: Customs & Traditions
Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism are known in Vietnam as the “triple religion”, and all three are prevalent in Vietnamese culture. However, Vietnam owes much of its belief system to folk tales and in the traditional sense, is one of the least religious countries in the world.
Regardless of modern western influences and some restrictions imposed by the communist regime, many traditional elements are still present in the Vietnamese culture, and people feel proud of their unique customs and celebrations.The Ao Dai, Vietnam's traditional dress, has a feminine version as well.
The ao dai is popularly considered the national dress. It consists of a long tunic-like gown with splits on the side that go up to the waist. It's worn over trousers that almost touch the floor. The ao dai used to be worn by men and women but now are almost exclusively a feminine attire often made to fit the body. On a daily basis, however, most people wear western clothes.
Why choose Langma School of Languages for learning Vietnamese Language
- 1-Langma School of Languages has made the transition to a centre of excellence in Vietnamese language.
- 2-Our international team provide exceptional training in Vietnamese language; the wide range of programme is provided by both native speakers and experts of different origin, all our faculty are extremely proficient and experienced, thereby offering the highest standard of training.
- 3-Langma School of Languages’ objective is to provide exceptional teaching to students of all ages and levels, from school standard to professional, academics no matter what background or discipline they are engaged in, and we aim to exceed the expectations of our students by providing outcomes derived from the excellence of our training.
- 4-Langma’s programme would provide the highest standard of foreign language training and encourage sustainable development with innovation in an environment of creative language acquisition.
- 5-If you are looking for knowledge based interactive programmes leading to success in the field of Vietnamese language, Langma School of Languages has everything you need all under one roof.
- 6-Langma School of Languages is committed to providing the best standards of teaching and corporate training and enabling you to reach the peak in your domain.
- 7-The main aims and objectives of Langma School of Languages, to provide unfettered access to the study of Vietnamese language for all sections of society.
- 8-We at Langma School of Languages firmly believe in the concept of the global village. With the advent of a multi-faceted digital world, this concept is more significant now than ever before and foreign language has become the link language.
BECOME A MASTER IN VIETNAMESE LANGUAGE WITHOUT LEAVING HOME.
Langma School of languages offers classroom and online Vietnamese language training to students according to their availability and we are the only language centre which offers classes round the clock. Our programmes are designed to suit the need of individuals. Now our classes are offered round the clock and one can avail these classes just after submitting their application and course fee. One can learn as per their convenience. Our classes have proven to be beneficial for those who are excessively occupied in their work during working hours.
LANGMA FACULTIES FOR THE VIETNAMESE LANGUAGE
Leads and guides others to develop new skills or knowledge that will enhance their work. Design, develop, and delivers training programmes which cater the need of our students. Our teachers would help students to understand how to communicate information to individuals or groups, how to deliver presentation suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Students are taught the importance of clear and concise written information or writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and message. Our teachers are highly qualified and possess years of expertise in the field of teaching, listen carefully to students and address the problem appropriately. Our teachers possess a designated level of professional skills and knowledge in specific area and keep the current with developments and trends in the area of expertise.
Experience Professional and authentic Vietnamese Language classes with our Qualified Native-Speakers and Non native trainer .
Beginning with a very small setup, Langma School of Languages has grown by leaps and bounds. It has been instrumental in providing Vietnamese Language instruction to millions. It has successfully conducted seminars and placed its students in the field of BPO, Event Management, FMCG, Aviation, and PR. Our team focus on customised training. The organisation is well-equipped with classrooms, auditorium, and an elaborate computer networking. Teachers are well qualified, experienced in the field of language training, experts in areas like grammar, accent, group discussion, and etc. Langma School of Languages is competent enough to take up any assignments from the target groups.