Sanskrit for Kids programme at Langma School of Languages mainly prioritise on communication and allows students to work on all four components (reading, listening, speaking, and writing). The programme at Langma School of Languages offers students an opportunity to get them acquainted with the Sanskrit culture.
The programme “Sanskrit for Kids” is based on a communicative approach, a spoken Sanskrit environment is encouraged in the classroom where communication in Sanskrit is of paramount importance, freedom of expression, and group studies will be developed as integral to the learning outcomes. Group discussion, conversation, and the opportunity to interact with teachers and professionals of national and international repute are interwoven with theory modules to provide a balanced and usable learning experience. Audio visual aids are utilised for assistance and ongoing learning in areas of pronunciation and accent bringing variety and interest to the classroom environment. Extracurricular practices are encouraged and it is envisaged that spoken Sanskrit skills are taken beyond the formal teaching environment and into the children’s daily lives. At Langma School of Languages, grammar is considered in the training only in spoken terms, there will be no formal grammar lessons, rather we promote and encourage free expression and learning from experience, context, and situational norms.
Langma School of Languages’ experience made the learning effective, interactive, and participatory. At Langma School of Languages, skills are learned by doing, which are not learned by only listening to lectures or tapes or by reading books and magazines. A basic structure is created by imparting an overall knowledge of the topic followed by practical exercises and interactive practice sessions. Langma School of Languages’ expertise in education and its ongoing revolutionary changes are brought into play with specific topics and practice sessions are designed exclusively for children. These topics cover a range of relevant and fun based areas deemed to be of the greatest value and interest to the participants. The aims being to significantly enhancing the knowledge of Sanskrit language and provide practical enjoyable and effective methods of teaching Sanskrit to augment the established methods already in place. Langma School of Languages’ programme offer opportunities to students to listen to Sanskrit conversation, and to be to respond in Sanskrit, as well as acquire basic reading and writing skills. Langma School of Languages provides instructional and supplementary learning materials in Sanskrit, which are relevant to the context, and appropriate to the backgrounds and interests of mainstream school students.
|Duration|| (2 hours/session)|
|Class timings||IST (International Standard Timings)|
|Class size||Maximum 10 students|
|Age||8 – 13 years|
- We want our students to learn everyday Sanskrit that will allow them to communicate at work and in everyday situations.
- Classes follow a balanced syllabus based on pragmatic approach.
- In class we use a combination of textbooks, exercises, authentic materials and some online applications.
- We make sure classes are well-planned, engaging and delivered in a friendly atmosphere.
- Sanskrit for Kids programme focuses all on communication so that the practice of Sanskrit helps you regularly. The programme is aimed to help you speak easily and be more confident, be more autonomous on a daily basis, improve your grammar, expand your vocabulary with expressions, and work on your pronunciation.
- More traditional grammar and vocabulary exercises seamlessly interlock with reading and listening comprehension tasks, role play, group discussion, extempore, interactive games and small projects.
- Our main assets are the teachers – fully qualified, experienced and passionate about what they do.
- After successful completion of the course students are rewarded with a certificate.