Your voice not only conveys your message – it can say a great about you. Like it or not, people make judgements based on the way you communicate; in short, your professional success will depend on your speaking skills. Our Voice-Coach programme offers an integrated learning experience for both native and non-native speakers of English.
The training can focus on very specific aims and can help you to:
- Speak with greater authority and vocal presence
- Overcome an “accent barrier”
- Improve your articulation to avoid ambiguity
Voice training is for anyone who needs to be a successful communicator but who feels that one or more aspects for their vocal delivery prevent them fully achieving this. People from a wide range of professions have taken Voice-Coach programme, including Journalists, Executives, Politicians, Lawyers, Sales Personnel, Consultants, Doctors, Academics, and BPO Staff.
Langma School of Languages Voice-Coach programme is designed for those who wish to neutralise their accent. The class is specifically intended for both native and non-native speakers. The programme is aimed at English Speakers who possess good communication skills may choose Voice-Coach programme to soften their accent. Overall, Langma’s Voice-Coach programme would help you to enhance your presentation and public speaking skills. Langma’s Voice-Coach programme will assist you to be cynosure whilst addressing large audiences or small groups.
This four weeks programme is segregated into the following areas:
- Breathing: - This is what sustains and ensures a well-modulated voice. Correct breathing technique means that you will be able to project your voice and manage your nerves when speaking in front of a group. It is important to spend time ensuring that Intercoastal Diaphragmatic Breathing technique is achieved as this will combat many speech fault issues.
- Articulation and diction: - One of the main difficulties in learning a new language is being able to pronounce words correctly. We will work on the organs of articulation focusing on how the sounds are produced for the English Language this will be broken down into work on vowels and consonants. There are five vowels in English language “a”, “e”, “i”, “o”, “u”; however, there are 20 different vowel sounds, Through the course, we will work through the mouth shape for the different vowels and the different vowel sounds. It is important to master these for correct English pronunciation as it is impossible to pronounce consonants without the vowel sounds in between them. Consonants consist of the rest of the letters in the English Alphabet which are not vowels. In order to pronounce consonants properly an understanding of the placement of the organs of articulation need to be understood. The theory behind the organs of articulation will also be thought to ensure full comprehension.
- Delivery Skills: - It is not to be able to speak English theoretically, rate, pace, inflexion, and emphasis are vital to aid in good delivery and comprehension. This is worked on through weekly performing of literature in class. It will increase vocabulary and comprehension of colloquial language which will be important.
|Duration|| (1 hour/session)|
|Class timings||IST (International Standard Timings)|
|Class size ||Maximum 2 students|
English Voice-Coach programme at Langma School of Languages helps you to acquire you the understanding of articulation and new speech habits. Langam’s Voice-Coach session involves work on:
- Breathing and posture
- Tongue position when speaking
- Mouth muscularity
The programme would offer you the ability to reproduce and recognise Received Pronunciation sounds (“Received Pronunciation”. It is the term used for the standard British non-regional accent.) The programme involves relaxation exercises, vocal drills and work-outs. Attention will be paid not only to accent but also to rhythm, stress and intonation patterns.
The programme is delivered by professional voice and accent coaches holding a master’s qualification in Voice studies. They have hundreds of hours of voice training experience, working with students/clients from numerous countries throughout Asia, Europe, Oceania and the Americas.
At the end of the course you can expect to:
- Speak with greater clarity and confidence
- Better understand and use the power and potential of your voice
- Extend your vocal range